Position Available: Full Time Mechanical Coordinator
Location/Office: Auburn Hills
Company: Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc.
This exciting and challenging opportunity is available for a mechanical coordinator. This position includes the opportunity to be involved with construction projects in a large manufacturing research facility. The candidate will implement and facilitate construction projects, visit projects, scheduling, and facilitating the work of Owner’s on-site trades. Candidate will also be responsible for mechanical systems design activities and utilizing engineering principles and practices for work on assigned projects. Should be able to apply knowledge of the mechanical trades: HVAC, controls, plumbing, and process piping systems, as well as electronics, direct digital control, airflow, hydronics, refrigeration theory, and control techniques.
- Analyze drawings, plans, and specifications to mount, assemble, test, and program a system.
- Meets with Owner’s project management and end user to discuss scope of project, budgets, performance, and close-out.
- Supports the sales function by assisting with quote preparation and proposal.
- Plans and maintains a project budget to forecasted values.
- Perform HVAC, controls, plumbing, and process piping systems in accordance to project schedule.
- Prepare contract documents, drawings and specifications in a timely manner.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
- Will travel to FTCH Novi office.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Occasionally exposed to light lifting, sitting, and walking. Will have normal office working conditions and be required to use a computer. Must be capable of traveling to and maneuver around project sites for attending client and project meetings, and be able to access project sites for observation, investigation, and evaluation. Must be able to use various technical equipment for communication and documentation. Visual acuity necessary to perform responsibilities.
- Associates degree from technical college in related field with four years of experience in the mechanical construction industry or related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired Job Experience
- Experience in mechanical trades: HVAC, controls, plumbing, and process piping systems.
- Experience with electronics, direct digital control, airflow, hydronics, refrigeration theory, and control techniques.
- Computer proficient in Word, Excel, MS Project, etc.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Should be self-motivated.
FTCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.
Click here to apply.