Experienced Project Manager Needed!
Wolverine Building Group is a dynamic construction company seeking an experienced project manager to add to their team!
Construction Project Manager Role:
Effective performance in this position requires experience to coordinate, direct and oversee the completion of projects in one or more of the following: industrial/manufacturing, mid-rise/high-rise multi-family, mixed use, medical, institutional, and retail for remodel and/or new build. Candidates must be self-starting, highly motivated, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail, quality and customer service.
Scheduling, organization skills, a systematic approach to tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency, and well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities, are all keys to success in this position.
- Provides project leadership and management for large, complex commercial construction projects from design through closeout including managing complex relationships (owner/client, architect, subcontractors, consultants, superintendents, etc) and construction processes (conceptual to final estimating, development of design and construction documents, buy-out, schedule management, contract/budget management, closeout, etc)
- Effectively leads project processes and meetings from project conception to completion, including the project kick-off, site-specific safety plan implementation/enforcement, progress meetings, owner/architect/contractor meetings, subcontractor coordination meetings, mobilization, exit strategy, punch-list, closeout, etc
- Maintains effective communication with external and internal project teams, trade partners, field staff and client
- Directs, reviews, or approves project design changes
- Presents and explains proposals, status updates, schedules, etc. to clients
- Maintains an accurate and up to date budget for each assigned project
- Completes project financial tasks in a timely fashion, such as owner/client and trade partner change orders, budget updates, project dashboards, owner/client/bank draw requests, invoice approvals and others as may be required on a project by project basis
- Ensures the permitting, insurance, notice to proceed, subcontracts, etc, are in order
- Effectively prequalifies all trade partners and suppliers prior to awarding subcontracts
- Work directly with jobsite superintendent, architect or client to identify and resolve design issues to the project scope and achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications
- Develop and maintain overall project construction schedule including pre-job planning, estimating, value engineering, scheduling, document management, writing/negotiating contracts, take offs and other tasks as assigned
- Actively helps to develop and mentor other staff such as Project Engineers, Assistant Project managers, Project Managers and Superintendents
- Performs other duties as assigned and as may be necessary for a successful project
- Minimum four year degree; preferably in engineering, architecture, logistics or construction management
- 7-12 years professional experience desired
- Experience in one or more of the following: mid/high-rise multi-family construction, student housing, mixed-use projects, medical, institutional industrial, retail remodel or new build
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, Procore Project Management Software and internet research tools. Embraces technology and innovation
- Strong knowledge of construction principles, strategies, and the ability to identify critical paths
- Strong understanding of construction and construction management process from start to finish
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to read and interpret detailed construction plans and specifications, communicate with clients and trade partners.
- Quick, effective problem solving ability
- Demonstrates financial acumen
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment
- Experience supervising work teams, delegation and follow up of project details