Position Available: Full Time Construction Coordinator
Location / Office: Grand Rapids
Company: Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, detailed, experienced full time Construction Coordinator as an integral member of our local project team who will be responsible for assisting us in delivering our construction projects that vary in size and complexity. The Construction Coordinator will be responsible for contracts and related paperless documents, tracking and producing applications for payment and invoices, and assisting the construction manager as needed in researching data and contractor information. The individual needs to be a team player, as well as a self-starter.
- Issuing contracts, letters of intent, purchase orders, etc.
- Maintaining contract execution tracking log.
- Entering data in corresponding software for tracking.
- Preparing, sending, and tracking payment applications and invoices.
- Requesting checks, creating correspondence letters, and making payments to contractors.
- Tracking and verifying updated insurance documents.
- Assisting Construction Manager with project proposals, budgets, and preliminary schedules.
- Effective in project organization and communication.
- Have knowledge in project scheduling.
- Ability to accurately communicate (both written and verbal) important project information to the client and project team.
- Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Assist the construction manager in processing contractor quotations.
- Tracking and managing change orders in the database.
- Preparing and obtaining information for close out documents.
- Inform the Construction Manager and other team members about project status and issues that may impact the schedule, budget, and/or client relations.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Occasionally exposed to light lifting, sitting, and walking. Will have normal office working conditions and be required to use a computer. Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
Desired Education: Relevant work experience.
Desired Job Experience
- Experience in construction extremely helpful.
- Experience supporting a construction project manager in the delivery of construction projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience in Procore, ConsensusDocs, and BST extremely helpful.
- Familiarity with construction methods, lien laws, and insurance documents. Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
FTCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Veteran Status
Click here to apply.